I shouldn't really be complaining, because Lucy only wakes up 1 time during the night... and 2 night she has slept all the way until 6! But, I am a light sleeper, so I keep going in to check on her. Hubby can sleep through a train wreck, but he normally feels me get out of bed, and when I am gone a long time he knows to get up and help me. Last night, so such luck on that. 5 am and feeding the darling by myself. I like having someone to talk to at the night feed because it helps me stay awake. He felt so bad that he slept through it. That is his bonding time with dear daughter.
I think I took for granted all those days of old when I could sleep in until noon. My dream right now would be to go to sleep in a big, fluffy, soft bed at 8pm and not wake until the following day at 10am - all refreshed and ready to go. Then have a leisurely cup of coffee (or 3), and not have to run to get dressed before the child wakes up. Ahh, bliss.
What happened to the dreams of being rich and famous? I think my selfish priorities are all screwy now!
No comments:
Post a Comment