Saturday, August 1, 2009

Back from Cheese Country

This past week, Lucy, Cody and I have been in Wisconsin visiting family. It was extremely fun, and extremely exhausting all at the same time. I was overly freaked out about the plane ride. I hate going through airport security by myself, and now I had to do it with a 3 month old! I even got frisked at the Green Bay airport - that was awkward! But anyway, everything worked out and Lucy was an amazing traveler. But boy, do you have to pack the house when you go out of town. I don't think I brought anything for myself... I had every toy imaginable for Lucy (and Daddy) though.

The week brought tons of family gathering, gossiping, and laughing - oh, and who could forget eating! Poor Cody had the stomach bug for part of the trip, so he ended up losing 6 pounds (so not fair). He will make up for it this week, I am sure. He did get to golf and go to Packer Stadium with the guys. Lucy was hot potatoed for much of the trip - everyone wanted to hold her. She was a Mommy's girl for the first part, which was weird, but she adjusted. The weather was amazing (although, the cousins all thought it was hot and humid - ha!), and we spent much of the time outdoors. The best part though was getting to see everyone that I hadn't seen in 2 years, and see the places I hadn't been to in 15 years. We can't wait to go back to be with the family! Next time it will be in October 2010 for Brad and Becky's wedding. We are already making plans!

Here are some pictures from the journey. Ironically, I never got a group picture - I was too busy talking!




Mom at Cindy and Keith's house - getting ready to leave Wisconsin :(


Lucy's Pilot! She is a great travel companion.
Sabrina at Door County icecream parlor Not Been Licked Yet
I believe we took this same picture 15ish years ago!
Auntie Cindy with a passed-out Lucy. "I love you, Aunt Cindy!"
Still at the icecream parlor - Daddy and Mommy
Cindy, Brad, and Keith - one happy family of gnomes
Cody and I in Door County
Cody and Chris doing what they love best - talking football.
Sammy getting his face painted at the Little Chute Sidewalk Sale
Cody teaching Sabrina how to pump her legs.
Lucy at the airport -- so happy!
We miss you Brandy!

No comments:

Post a Comment