Sunday, July 5, 2009

Getting Behind

I have absolutely no idea how my sister-in-law has time to blog daily - and she has twins! I haven't posted in 2 weeks, and it isn't due to lack of material (well, maybe a little.. I am kinda boring right now). I can't find time to do anything but Lucy-it. Luckily this past week, my wonderful mom helped me out and let me attend a 3-day workshop on Language Arts Curriculum (and earn $500 in the process!), and watched my darling daughter. Let me tell you, that was tough. I am not one to let people help me, or pretty much take over for me. I felt totally guilty the whole time for not being with my daughter, and "pawning" her off on someone else. I know, I know, it is Grandma, but still -- I just felt so bad infringing upon her time (which I know she has little of these days). Anyway, thanks Mom for all your help!

I am going to get a little bit of me time weekly though. I am back at Weight Watchers meetings tomorrow. I am determined to fit back in to my school clothes by fall. I have been Jillian-and-Leslie-ing it daily, but my body is still all messed up. That does not work well on my psyche. I'll get there. I just have to convince dear hubby that spending points on fried-anything doesn't fit my game plan. He'll deal or go out to eat, case closed :)

Here are some cute pictures from the past week or two. My little girl is growing up! So surreal!
Aunt Stacie and Lucy - right after the dreaded 2-month shots. Thanks Auntie for all your help!
Lucy in the Bumbo Chair for the first time - she is getting there with holding her head up. She loves this thing!
Lucy and Nanny - too precious!

The new "wubby"... she is 50/50 on this thing. I think she is really in it for the doggie. Guess I will have to dig out my old Pound Puppies - I hear they are making a comeback.


Lucy at her very first 4th of July fireworks extravaganza. She loved the fireworks and was extremely upset when it was over. I took a video, but am an idiot - taking video of darkness doesn't work well apparently.
My favorite picture. Daddy and daughter taking a nap "together"... they both passed out for 1.5 hours like this. What a rough life!

No comments:

Post a Comment