Monday, July 20, 2009

3 months or 13 weeks? You decide

Seriously, how could you not fall in love with that face?!?!


Why is it that technically Lucy will be 3 months old on the 22nd, yet she has been around for 13 weeks. I don't get the calendar. I think it was invented by a man who didn't understand pregnancy. Seriously, whoever said pregnancy was 9 months lied - because 9 months would be 36 weeks, and women get screwed with an additional 4 weeks of torture. It is frustrating! But anyway, Lucy is growing up.

She is excelling at tummy time, liking her medicine again (finally), and looks to things when you point to them (especially trees - she loves trees). Her smile will make anyone melt. She is a true flirt, yes, just like her mommy :) She is a big girl now, and we are very proud of her. Ask me about that statement in less than a week when she is on an airplane for the first time. Can you say scared to death? I think I will take a Vicodin.
She loves her bathtime!
Cousin Sabrina showing Lucy how to eat!

Also, I have been feeling guilty about not updating this site much... I don't want to bore anyone with day-to-day trivialities. Every time I think of something I want to talk about, mainly it sounds like bragging, and that is not my style. Anyway, I started a new blog here to share my views on all things not Lucy-related. Expect that to be updated more frequently. It's not that I don't love my daughter, I just don't think you find poop that fascinating.

5 comments:

  1. Brag away...if you have trouble, I can help. We have the best grandkids in the world!!!!!!! Love the new blog, even if I am not up on the shows.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel like you're boring.I posted about pizza on facebook today. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please! Brag away. And include photos! Lots and lots of photos. That baby girl of yours is extremely precious. Can't post too much Lucy News! But then again, I'm used to following the daily doings of the most engaging set of identical twins ever.

    I envy these four girl cousins being born so close together. Those gals are going to have some fantastic times growing up. I remember how close Amanda and her cousin were (and still are!). I envision some kick ass slumber parties!

    Not sure if your out of town - out of state relatives are like mine, but I know my mom and my aunts check Amanda's blog daily. Mom often checks on her great-grandbabies multiple times a day - it is just about the only thing she knows how to do on a computer. She gets pouty if Amanda post an entry and doesn't include a photo!

    And you must understand all grandmas think anything baby related is fascinating, even poop!

    So brag away. I at least understand baby news and can't say the same about pop culture. Maybe if I read your new blog I'll learn something.

    Give Lucy a hug for me, I can't wait to meet her in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana- I second... the keep the Lucy Blog Alive and Well petition. Brag, share and commeserate! And there is nothing wrong with having 2 blogs if you want to keep some stuff seperate. (That's why I created TheFrickinChicken.blogspot.com) I will enjoy reading your pop culture blog (believe me, this is an area that I'm clueless in) but I pout when there isn't at least a weekly (or daily?) update of what You, Cody and Lucy are up too!

    Don't feel like it is bragging. More like reporting. You can't help it if you are reporting how incredibly smart and talented your baby is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dana - I'm not giving you a choice here... I don't live in Texas anymore and don't get to see my niece with the exception of this site. And, you know me, I'll talk about poop with you if you want... Keep the picture coming too...

    ReplyDelete