Monday, May 11, 2009

Getting into the Groove



My narcasistic baby girl :) I wouldn't look in a mirror right now if you paid me!

I am starting to get the hang (*fingers crossed*) of this whole motherhood thing. I wasn't sure at first how to get anything done other than baby, but now I thank his holiness for the beauty of the afternoon nap. So far, she is napping well, enabling me to get my wash done and house cleaned. But, alas, now that I wrote it for publishing, the naps will be taken away I am sure - all the while my baby smirking... oh well.

When I was little, I used to rearrange the furniture in my room for "fun", and I actually liked to clean. I would clean when I was bored, and I still do that to this day. While pregnant, I went through nesting for 2 months. I have the most organized closets, and my tupperware drawer has all its matching lids on bowls! I hate dust and don't like to see it gather, and I despise seeing anything on the carpet -- I inherited this trait from my father who is known as a "carpet-dirt-pickeruper." I also like my house to smell wonderful at all times - which, thanks to febreeze, is lavender fresh. With a new being occupying my every waking second (and sleeping second for that matter), I am having anxiety attacks about my now dirty-in-my-eyes home. Everyone tells me to forget about it and focus on the baby, but that advice does not bode well with me. Consider me the Danny Tanner of moms - I am a neat freak! So, I cherish naptime to at least get my house in some semblance of order. At least it lasts for an hour or so! Thank goodness some of my dirt-phobia has rubbed off on my husband. He picks at the carpet lint more than I do.

1 comment:

  1. Please come pick the dirt off my floors. Either of you. I'm not picky (obviously).

    ReplyDelete