The month of October was one big ol' One-Act-Play-Blur! Life was pretty hectic around the Klement household until play competition was over, and Lucy adjusted quite nicely. Now it is hard to believe that Thanksgiving is upon us. I am, however, looking forward to the highly anticipated 5-day Thanksgiving break :) A definite perk to the educational system. Of course, as soon as that is over with, we have UIL competition and midterms beckoning prior to the even more anticipatory 2 week Christmas Break - I can hear the angels singing now!! I feel like a kid counting days until Santa comes - my present officially comes December 18th at 1:00pm!!
We had Lucy's sweet webbed baby toes x-rayed last week(the 2nd and 3rd toe on her right foot). We found out there is no bone fusion, so the surgery would be entirely cosmetic. I used to be extremely pro-sugery, but the more I think about it, I would not be setting the best example for my daughter. What I mean is, what kind of parent would I be by "fixing" my daughter's natural beauty at such an early age. It won't impede her walking, and it is hardly noticeable. Heck, we didn't even notice it until she was 3 days old. The more research I do, the more fun facts I find out about people with webbed toes. Apparently it is very common in the celebrity world - there have even been scientific studies linking syndactyly to fame and fortune! It is also known as "twin toes", which I think is an ironically adorable name. I feel that this feature is really a blessing in disguise. It will make Lucy a strong and unique individual with a special gift from God. We have a surgery date set, but you can pretty much guess the direction we are heading towards - and no, this was not anything driven by my husband (who is leaving the decision up to me)... it's just how I feel. Who am I to deprive my daughter of her God-given beauty and individuality? I know kids can be cruel, but this Mommy fully intends to raise her daughter to overcome adversity. My momma raised me right (when all those kids made fun of my weight), and I am a better person because of it. Hmm, guess I just made up my mind!
On another note, we took Lucy to Bowie Trade Days last weekend, and she loved it. They have tons of animals (chickens, rabbits, pigs, etc.), but she loved all the puppies everywhere. It was her first real time to ride in the "big girl" part of the stroller, and she loved officially seeing the world, not riding on top of it. This might end up being a monthly occurrence, because Mommy loves to shop, and it is a quick 20-minute away adventure. See you again on December 13th, Bowie!
Glad to hear you made your decision. Good luck to Cody and the "monthly occurrence shopping ladies" he now has.
ReplyDelete