Saturday, September 12, 2009

fruit, fun, and other random things

Uncle John, a twin (I so can't tell if it is Izzie or Maddie in this pic), and Mommy all feeding Lucy together.


So apparently the new funny is the word "anyways" - which, by the way, isn't really a word. But it doesn't matter in Lucy's world; it is the definition of hysterical. She was giggling up a storm when Daddy was saying 'anyways' over and over again. He is kinda funny looking, so maybe that was it. I am sure tomorrow it won't be cool anymore, and we will have to, yet again, figure out the 'in' thing.

I am very excited about the exersaucer score today! Our town has a community-wide garage sale once a year, and you would think Disney World was free to the public by the amount of people who come to shop! It is insanity, but nevertheless, super fun. "Anyways", Cody, Grandma Charlotte, Lucy and I set out on a quest to find a walker/exersaucer for less than the $100 that stores want. I walked away with an amazing one for $25, and it has all the bells and whistles. Charlotte also scored one, and a cute musical chair, for a grand total of $20.50. I am sure we could have found more things, but it was rainy, cold, and Cody is cheap ;) Lucy likes her new digs, so all is well with the world.

We also started solid foods this week - Pears and Peaches in addition to the oatmeal. She adores Peaches. Sidebar: Wasn't there a song in like 1995 called Peaches? I think it was alternative? Hubby thinks I am nuts, but I know it exists. Millions of Peaches, Peaches for free... I digress.

Oh, and this is the new highchair we have yet to use. It is super fashionable, though, so it looks cute in the kitchen :) Lucy likes it, she is just too small. Which is more than I can say for the bumbo seat - her adorable chunky legs *which she totally got from me* get stuck! Poor girl... we shall introduce her to Mommy's favorite sport of walking early in life. She doesn't need to get Mommy's chubby butt as well...


...and here is her adorableness captured in video... right after she stopped her hyena-like laugh. She is so aware of the camera...


4 comments:

  1. Sorry. But my OCD compelled me to do it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cs8G_mY8jE

    I know there is a video but I couldn't find it. As soon as I read your mention of "millions of peaches, peaches for free" I knew it would drive me crazy if I didn't hear the rest of the lyrics because I could just ALMOST remember it...

    And you're not the only one to connect the song to their baby eating peach goo. You Tube had a bunch of videos of babies eating 'em with that song.

    Anyways.... thanks for the Lucy fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was Maddie. Too cute, I didn't actually get to see her, I was in the other room while she was feeding Lucy. Great score on that excersaucer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We miss Lucy..oh, yeah, and you and Cody too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The peaches song is sung by the Presidents of the United States of America - that's right, I am the man! But I digress... I am also eating peaches and pears this week, and oatmeal! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete